Sunday, August 12, 2012

Scrapbooking Score/ Recipe




Hey guys! So, I was just browsing my facebook (cause I have such a social life..) and came across something on one of the online yardsale pages for near the Air Force Base. A lady was getting rid of all of this great quality scrapbooking and stamping stuff. Needless to say, this girl jumped on the opportunity for everything. It cost me like $20 and there's easily $100 worth of stuff in here, since a lot is Creative Memories and brands like that.


    I'm pretty pumped that I got it. I mean, there's some baby stuff in here, which Obviously won't be used for myself for a couple years, I'd say. Worth it though. I can make so many fun pages now for me and for others. All I have to really buy is the background paper if the ones I have don't work out. There was a little bit of love and wedding stuff in there, which rocks.

               

Some of my favorite things in this pack were the Vellum quote stacks with inspirations and love quotes. They are extremely cute. I may just make some designs to hang up around the apartment. So yeah, Here are some shots of all of this loveliness that I scored the other day.



I also made the baked potato wedges that I mentioned in an earlier blog. I just opted to go the simple way with seasoning salt instead though (plus I haven't gotten the chance go get more spices yet since we moved.) They turned out pretty well.


Baked Potato Wedges

Ingredients:
5 potatoes
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1/8 cup of butter, melted

1 tablespoon Seasoning salt

1. Preheat the Oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the potatoes length-wise into 6 pieces 
3. Mix the olive oil, butter, and seasoning salt in a bowl.
4. Lightly dip wedges into bowl (make sure they aren't completely dripping afterward), 
    then set them in a single layer on a baking sheet (or two if necessary). 
5. Let bake for 20-25 minutes while sitting on sliced side (ovens may vary), 
    then turn each wedge over to other sliced side and then bake for about 20 more minutes,
    sprinkling more seasoning salt as/if desired. (I added more so they weren't really bland.)
     (make sure to watch them so they don't over bake)

6.Let cool and enjoy! :)

Tip: you can also add a dash of garlic salt or salt with black or cracked pepper too for an extra little taste.

TIp 2: You can also just baste the potatoes versus dipping them in the mix if you don't want  
          quite as crunchy of an outer part
right after being sliced
Yummy!


 Love your face, 
Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment