Friday, August 24, 2012

Another Recipe :)



Oh, I love cooking so much :) We were pondering what to make for dinner earlier, and decided on honey chicken, corn, and mashed potatoes. Wanted that hearty meal like when we were back in Indiana with our families, I guess. Nothing wrong with that at all. :) I never like to do things the simple way, so I told Derek that I wanted to make mashed potatoes homemade, since we already had some whole potatoes. It had been forever since I'd done that and it sounded like fun. It's really basic to do, but I love using a recipe by Julia Child. Amazing chef right there. If any of you don't know who she is, definitely look into that. 

 Here's the link for the recipe :)
(makes about 5 or 6 servings)  



So I convinced my hubby to peel all the potatoes for me, then I peeled them. As they were boiling, I realized that I had no idea where I put the electric mixer. Silly me. That basically doubled our cooking time, but we had a really fun time taking turns mashing the potatoes and laughing at each other while doing that. We joke around way too much haha. They turned out to be pretty great, and we had them with honey barbecue chicken and whole kernel corn. Delicious. Have a try at the recipe. It's pretty straightforward.

:D

Love your face and such,
Sara♥


No comments:

Post a Comment