Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Couple of Simple Crafts

So it's been a few days since I've actually posted anything new (I mean, only a week, but I post stuff up a LOT usually...) Things have been kind of crazy with all my online classes and everything, but all is going well. There has been a lot of work, so I haven't had much time to do anything crafty, sorry. I've also been wanting to do a bigger project, like building a headboard for our bed, which takes a lot of supplies. I obviously don't keep most of that stuff on-hand. I did make these simple, quick crafts last night though.


This is just a little decoration that I made from scrapbooking stuff and stickers to hang on our fridge. Thought it was a nice, quaint design. I want to later on, make something else with our last name for maybe the stairway. So yeah, just something super simple here :)


This is another really simple, cute craft I found that you can do in like... 30 seconds basically. Yay for Pinterest. You just need a cute clear jar (I just love the Ball mason jars), vegetable oil, and your picture. Usually you want to go with a black and white photo or a very unsaturated picture. Once you have everything, make sure the picture is a proper fit for the jar, or trim it up. I used a standard 4x6 photo and just had to trim the top down a tiny bit. Place it so that it's curved against the front of your jar. Add all the oil (make sure you check how many ounces your jar is first!! you want the whole thing full. Mine took 24.) Put on the lid, and Boom. You're done with this craft. 



I added some vanilla scent cubes to it as well. I also added a little understated bow. I may change the color of it, not sure yet. So those are two simple things that you could do. Ours is sitting on our kitchen counter for now. 


Oh, by the way, this is the little sign that it sitting behind that (also, don't mind the paper crane on the right haha). We picked up this little guy on our honeymoon while shopping. Since Derek's in the military, we thought it was wonderful. So there you go! Until next time! :)

Love your face and such,
Sara♥

No comments:

Post a Comment