Monday, September 17, 2012

Dry Erase Board!

Well, we just got back this morning to our little apartment in New Jersey. It was quite an interesting drive for sure. I'm also fighting a cold, but I still managed to make a craft today. :) I got an old frame from  a garage sale back in my hometown during out visit home and loved it. It was still in decent condition, but a gold/bronze colored frame wasn't really what we were wanting. 


For this project, I used:

  • An old frame with glass
  • Spray paint
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Paper cutter

I painted the frame with a mint colored spray paint, making sure a tiny bit could show through.  (Make sure you don't paint too closely or it will run.) You can also take a wadded up newspaper to blot the paint for a vintage look. 




While that was drying, I cut the scrapbook paper to the correct size (my frame was for an 8x10 picture). You want to choose a lighter color so that you can easily see the marker on it. I  chose a nice tan so that it works for our bedroom. 

Once the frame is dry, you just put everything back together (including the glass) and test it out! The best thing about this is that you can keep repainting it or switching out the scrapbook paper design for it to work for anything. :)


Love your face and such,
Sara♥


No comments:

Post a Comment